Professional Development Scholarship
The Professional Development Committee offers a scholarship opportunity for Midwest ACE members to be applied towards professional development activities. We will be awarding up to $750.00 each year in scholarship opportunities for individuals to attend a professional development event they may not otherwise be able to attend. These activities include, but are not limited to: MBTI certificate program, NACE Management Leadership Training, Midwest ACE Conferences or other relevant professional development activities.
Application & Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must be current Midwest ACE members. Please note current members of the Midwest ACE Executive Board, the Professional Development Committee chair/co-chairs, and members of the Professional Development Scholarship selection committee are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
A completed application includes the online application form and essay.
Apply online using the form below. Application deadline is Nov. 4.
An essay is required and should be uploaded with the online application. The essay should be no more than two (2) pages in length and include the following:
- Intended use of the scholarship & how it relates to your professional growth & attainment of career goals.
- Include information about what you hope to learn from the experience and how the learning might benefit the members of the association as a whole.
- A brief summary of professional experience (years in the field, types of positions held, etc.), without revealing current or previous employers.
- Brief overview of previous involvement level (little, medium, high) or service to Midwest ACE and the profession.
- Please include information about projected expenses including registration, transportation, hotel accommodations, etc. Recipient(s) will submit receipts in order to obtain funds.
- Any additional information that could be helpful for the selection committee.
Please note essays must omit all references to the applicant's name and current and past employers.
Completed applications will be reviewed in a blind process by members of the Professional Development Committee. Applications will be judged based on a variety of criteria, including but not limited to financial need, goals, and professional background.
Additional Information & Requirements
The recipient of the Professional Development Scholarship will be announced at the Midwest ACE Trends in Recruiting Conference, Nov. 17-18, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Scholarship funds cannot be used for past activities and must be used by Nov. 1, 2017.
- Documentation verifying participation in the professional development activity will be required.
- In the spirit of professional development, recipient(s) will be expected to write a one page summary of their professional development activity for the Midwest ACE Bi-monthly Newsletter and available on the Midwest ACE website.
- One page summary must be submitted prior to the following year’s Trends in Recruiting Conference.
- The Professional Development committee will review and edit the article as needed.
- Recipient(s) will also submit a conference program proposal for a future Midwest ACE conference to share their learning (Annual, Trends or webinar).
If you have questions please contact Midwest ACE Headquarters at email@example.com.