Diversity Advancement Scholarship
The Diversity Advancement Committee (DAC) of Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers (Midwest ACE) is pleased to announce a scholarship opportunity for graduate students in Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, Higher Education, Human Resources or a related field. Recent graduates in their first year of employment in Career Services or Human Resources may also apply.
This scholarship will allow the recipient to attend the Midwest ACE Annual Conference, from July 20 - 22, 2015, in Lombard, IL. The scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to present at the conference, network with current professionals in the field, attend workshops and seminars for professional development, report on their experience in the Midwest ACE newsletter, and much more.
The deadline for completed applications is Friday, February 16, 2015. Materials must include the completed DAC scholarship application form, resume, and conference proposal.
The scholarship covers:
- Complimentary annual conference registration at either the Annual Conference or the Trends in Recruiting Conference
- $500 Scholarship Award to Diversity Advancement Scholarship Recipient
- One-year membership in the Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers.
Applicants must have an interest in pursuing a career in Career Services or College Recruiting and meet the following requirements:
Enrolled in a graduate program in the field of Student Affairs, College Student Personnel, Higher Education, Human Resources, or closely related area,
In one’s first year as a career services or human resources professional.
- DAC scholarship application submitted below
- Résumé (maximum of two pages) and cover letter outlining career goals
- Submit a conference presentation proposal related to diversity and/or inclusion in the workplace, career services, recruiting or other closely related area.
- Attend the entire 2015 Midwest ACE Annual Conference in Lombard, Illinois.
- Present the submitted conference proposal at the 2015 Midwest ACE Annual Conference.
- Participate in the conference by attending events including the new member workshop, opening and closing receptions, award luncheon, and Diversity Advancement Committee meeting.
- Serve as an active participant on the Diversity Advancement Committee for the 2015-16 fiscal year.
- Submit a brief summary for the Midwest ACE bi-weekly announcement highlighting how attending the conference contributed to their professional development.
The deadline for all completed applications is February 16, 2015. Materials must include the completed DAC scholarship application form, résumé, and conference proposal. Application packets should be sent via e-mail as an attachment.
If you have questions about the DAC scholarship, you may contact Hilary Flanagan - email@example.com.