2014 – 2015 Elections
President-elect - Candidate
Mary Kate Garner
Plante Moran, PLLC
List your current position and responsibilities:
• Senior Staffing Consultant | Plante Moran, PLLC
• Oversee all of the campus recruiting efforts for all of our Illinois offices including: working with management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
• Develop relationships with hiring pertners, managers, other key internal staff, universities, and student groups.
• Plan firm wide leadership events.
• Develop recruitment programs and collateral to attract applicants and to fill specific job openings.
• Maintain a network of qualified candidates.
List your involvement and activities with MWACE:
* 2010 Trends in Recruiting
* 2011 Annual Conference
* *Volunteered, Joined Diversity Committee*
* 2012 Annual Conference
* *Volunteered, Co-presented Session, nominated as 2013 Annual Conference Co-chair*
* 2012 Trends in Recruiting
* 2013 Annual Conference
* *Served as Conference Co-Chair, Employer Panel member, nominated as Vice-Chair Partnership*
* 2013 Trends in Recruiting
* *Currently serving at Vice-Chair Partnership*
Brief paragraph on why you would be the ideal candidate for this role:
My first Midwest ACE event was the Trends in Recruiting Conference in 2010. The conference was literally my second day in Talent Acquisition, and I was overwhelmed with all the new faces to say the least. Afterwards, as I began to see those same faces on campus, I instantly realized how much value this organization would add to my career. That realization made me extremely passionate about Midwest ACE and made me want to give back, so I feel very honored to be nominated for the role of President-elect.
I have developed strong leadership skills through both my “day job” and Midwest ACE. As President-elect, I would be able to stay focused on the big picture—I like to take a step back before I dive into a project. A background in sales makes me very results-oriented. My communication skills allow me to work very well in teams, build consensus within a group, and be an effective public speaker. I have also used my communication skills to build a large professional network within Midwest ACE. I will bring a strong balance of creativity and practicality. Lastly, I am very motivated and competitive, and I strive for excellence in anything I do.