2014 – 2015 Elections
Secretary - Candidate
List your current position and responsibilities:
• Assistant Director | Denison University – Career Exploration and Development Team
• Responsible for the management and growth of the Denison Internship Program and multiple internship stipend programs.
• Supervision of student fellows and interns.
• The indirect supervision of professional and support staff.
• Currently serving on various university committees.
• Advising both our undergraduate students and alumni at their respective levels of career development.
List your involvement and activities with MWACE:
Since officially joining MWACE in 2012, I have had the privilege of attending two Annual Conferences, two Trends in Recruiting Conferences, presenting twice at the Annual Conference, assuming leadership responsibilities of vice-chair of the Experiential Education committee for 6-7 months, and will be completing 12 months of service as the chair of the Experiential Education Committee by this coming summer. I am thankful to have been invited to several leadership meetings with members of Board and many informal meetings and events with longtime leaders of MWACE. I hope to continue building my capacity within this association.
Brief paragraph on why you would be the ideal candidate for this role:
I am eager to contribute to the good work of the Board and assist in expanding opportunities and resources for the MWACE membership. When reflecting on what I can contribute, I consider myself to be detail-oriented and someone who possesses sound communication skills -- both written and verbal. As secretary, I will be able to serve as a true liaison between the Experiential Education Committee and the Board, and hope to advocate for issues important to our constituents. There is so much more I can learn about this association, and I want to keep developing professionally while also doing my best to bridge connections between the membership and the Board. This would be a great role for me and one that I hope leads to more leadership opportunities in the near future.