2014 – 2015 Elections
Director of Technology - Candidate
List your current position and responsibilities:
• Director of Career Services | Baker College – Online Campus & Graduate School Campus
• Supervise and lead a staff of four Career Services professionals and 14 adjunct faculty for two campuses.
• Investigate, implement and utilize technology in order to work more effectively while providing students/alumni/employers with quality services
• High level of experience, as a daily user and builder, with a variety of technology tools including: Symplicity, Blackboard, WebEx, LinkedIn, Wiki’s and Google tools.
• Develop and provide training for staff Symplicity system and Blackboard
• Currently serving on the Career Services Marketing Committee, Campus Operations Committee, Career Services Policy Committee and Jenzabar Implementation Committee.
Served on the Google Guide Committee, initial beta-tester for new Google system and provided peer support as Google was launched across Baker College in the Fall of 2013.
List your involvement and activities with MWACE:
I have been a member of MWACE since 2007. MWACE provided me with my first public presentation opportunity in 2008, thank you! I have since done many, many conference presentations at MWACE, NACE and other venues. I was originally an Experiential Education (EE) Committee member when I first joined the organization. I was also a member of the Technology Committee. Soon I became the Chair for the EE committee; this was an excellent leadership opportunity and experience for me. After remaining in the Chair role for a couple of years I took on the role of Trends in Recruiting Conference Chair in 2010; another excellent leadership and learning opportunity! My next opportunity with MWACE was my biggest role yet…Director of Technology! In this role many changes have taken place with the support of the Board! Some changes include: updating the role/description for Director of Technology, combining the two committees I am a liaison to…Technology Committee and Evaluation and Trends Committee…today we are one…The Technology and Trends Committee (TnT)! In this role I have also had the privilege to help develop and maintain the MWACE website by working closely with our management firm.
Brief paragraph on why you would be the ideal candidate for this role:
I am currently serving as the Director of Technology; this experience alone will be very helpful in continuing some of the projects slated for the upcoming year. My current position as the Director of Career Services at our Online campus is also technology driven; I have found the role of Director of Technology very beneficial in my position with Baker College as we update our technology and services. The biggest reason I think I am the best candidate is I love to serve! It has been a great pleasure to help transition our MWACE website to a more interactive tool…more is coming soon! I am also excited to continue to be the liaison for our new and improved Technology & Trends Committee. It has been exciting bringing the different committee members together for more value added discussions and idea sharing. It would be an honor to continue as the Director of Technology for Midwest ACE.