Assistant Director, Employer & Alumni Relations
Business Career Services College of Business, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
October 22, 2013
Business Career Services (BCS) seeks an Assistant Director to research, identify, build and maintain employer relations with the goal of improving student employment opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate business levels. This is a 100%, full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position that reports to the Director of Business Career Services. Salary is commensurate with experience.
1. Research and acquire new employers that support the office goals
2. Collaborate with the Corporate Engagement team on the strategic plan for company retention and acquisition
3. Research hiring trends to identify employment opportunities within new companies for UG, MBA and 1-year Master's students
4. Focus on MBA, Marketing and Management majors, and international student opportunities to identify alumni within target companies to assist with recruiting efforts
5. Facilitate introductions and meetings between alumni/company recruiting representative and Assistant Dean and Directors
6. Evaluate and prepare marketing materials and presentations for corporate meetings
7. Represent BCS at local and national career fairs and professional organization meetings
8. Attend events planned by student organizations (golf outings, volunteer events, etc.)
9. Work with recent alumni in a wide range of fields to develop new employment opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students
10. Coordinate alumni volunteers for a wide array of BCS programs and events
11. Track individual involvement through CRM system
12. Enhance alumni involvement with BCS
13. Establish alumni champion initiative
14. Attend college and other networking events in Chicago, primarily
15. Work closely with Development, External Affairs and Alumni Career Center
16. Manage communications to alumni through digital media; LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, BCS Blog, E-communication, etc.
17. Travel up to 30%
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree required; Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in sales, corporate engagement/development, corporate recruitment, or a client facing consulting position; Remarkable ability to build and maintain relationships; Alumni of the University of Illinois and especially from the College Business strongly preferred; Understanding of the business job market, research tools and hiring processes; Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply:
APPLICATION: For full consideration, application materials must be received by November 3, 2013. All candidates must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by the close date. The starting date will be as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes an excellent benefits package. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. For further information regarding our application procedures, email email@example.com.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu